5 day courses
These 5 day courses are open to both beginners and those with experience. Areas covered will include:
- Leathers, how to identify them, their qualities & potential
- How to use and maintain hand tools
- How to hand-stitch with confidence
- Techniques for cut edge finishing including bevelling, burnishing and creasing.
- Paring, including turning edges
Other techniques that students could choose to learn are:
- box & butt stitching for making leather boxes, containers or bags
- wet moulding pouches, bags and masks
- bound, turned and piped seams
- ideas for straps and handles
- attaching locks, bag fasteners etc
A range of patterns will be available to use or students can develop their own ideas and work on personal projects eg. bags, belts, dog collars/leads, boxes, moulded bags/pouches , briefcases etc. A range of leathers and fittings will be available for students to buy and use.
There will be a maximum of 5 students on these courses.
Materials are not included in the course fee
Please Note: If this course show as FULL on the ‘ Course Calendar’ please email or telephone to be placed on the ‘Reserve List’
|Dates 2013||Full Fee||Deposit|
|July 29-August 2||£750||£300|