2 day courses – 2014
These introductory courses are for people with little or no previous experience and for those who want to ‘go back to basics’. Understanding hand stitching and being able to stitch neatly and consistently is the key to these courses.
The course syllabus teaches student how to:
- identify vegetable tanned leathers, and gain an understanding of their qualities & potential
- maintain hand tools
- mark around patterns & cut out the leather
- hand-stitch with confidence
- finish edges including levelling, bevelling & burnishing cut edged work
- pare/skive using a paring knife
Possible projects can include belts, bags, dog collars & leads, boxes, purses etc
There are only 5 students per course so everyone receives individual tuition.
A set of tools is provided for each student to use.
The cost of materials are not included the in the course fee
|Dates 2014||Full Fee||Deposit|
|July 26 – 27||£390||£150|
|September 13 – 14
October 4 – 5
|December 6 -7||£390||£150|