2 day course – 2014
On this course students learn how to make ’cut edged’ and ‘turned-edged’ small leathergoods ( folding note-cases/wallets, phone cases, purses etc ) using vegetable tanned leathers.The course syllabus aims to cover:
- accurate pattern-making, the first step to a successful project
- hand paring using both a paring knife and a bench mounted paring machine
- construction options which include cut and turned edges
- linings – thin leathers and fabric
- how to hand stitch fine leathers such as calf, goat and pig skins.
Students can expect to make at least 2 finished pieces.
A set of tools are provided for students to use and some can be bought at the end of the course. A list of suppliers is provided for each student to take away.
Materials are not included in the course fee.
|Dates 2013||Full Fee||Deposit|
|November 1 -2||£390||£150|