Useful leather related links
- The Museum of Leathercraft is internationally acknowledged as having one of the finest collections of leather artefacts in the world.
- The Gloucestershire Guild of Craftsmen is an organisation promoting contemporary crafts made by its members. It holds regular exhibitions and has a permanent Gallery in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, The Guild at 51. MacGregor & Michael are members.
- J. Hewit & Sons Ltd. are the one-stop manufacturer and supplier for all bookbinding requirements, whether it be leather, materials, equipment, tools or sundries.
www.metropolitanleather.co.uk – good range of veg tanned leathers.
H.Webber & Son’s
- Unique range of products to serve the textile, upholstery and leather craft trades.
- Have been supplying the leather trade for over 30 years with everything you need to make your own leathergoods.
- Site for the conservation and restoration of historic leather, including leather furniture, upholstery, gilt leather etc.
- An online Gallery promoting the work of skilled craft makers in Britain & Ireland.
- Specialist conservation and restoration service for historic leather.
- Suppliers of quality and specialist leathers for both traditional and new applications.
- Massive Leather Research & Reference Site.
- Leather, tools, books etc.
Official Cotswolds Tourism Site
- The number one resource for everything Cotswolds, Accommodation, Food, Activities, History, Maps and Events.
Web Design Gloucestershire
- Duck On Water is a Web design company specialising in websites for small to medium sized businesses.
- Jorge Centofanti makes leather wall hangings and runs courses
- information about Tetbury, parking, where to stay etc
- John and Astrubal are designers and makers who trained with us
- Judy Bown is a great designer, check out her range.
- based in Northampton, they sell the Tandy range of tools, dyes etc
- Lorna did some training with us and has gone on to launch her range of bags and belts
- Gaynor trained with us. Her business is based in lovely Pembrokeshire.
- Australian leather conference site
- Peter and Jackie are always willing to help
- John Jones, Artist and maker of ‘Picture Coats’ and wall panels from a palette of leather colours.
- Comprehensive web-site, including information on suppliers, courses, publications, restoration & repair of bindings.
-The German Leather Museum and German Shoe Museum in Offenbach.
-history of the Saddlery and Leathergoods trades in Wallsall.
-The Museum of Bags and Purses is a unique museum that through its collection of over 3500 bags and accessories shows the history of the ladies bag in Western culture.
- promotes the study of Leather and leather objects from archaeological and other contexts.